Bed & Breakfast at “de Boterbloem”
“De Boterbloem” is a working farm with cattle, chickens and a pony. The farm is located between the Rijn and the Utrechtse Heuvelrug, and is not far from the characteristic village Amerongen. Atmospheric factors for the historic village are the (to be seen) Amerongen Castle, the monumental houses and the cozy alleys. The village of Leersum and the town of Wijk bij Duurstede are also worth a visit.
“De Boterbloem” has 4 B&B rooms. All rooms have their own shower, toilet and fridge. The rooms offer a beautiful view of the varied landscape. On the ground floor there is a cozy room where you can enjoy a delicious farmer’s breakfast between 8:30 and 10:00, and have the opportunity to make coffee and tea.
Both the LF 4 route and the migratory bird trail are 200 meters from the Bed & Breakfast.
Special 3-day arrangement for 2 people
- Welcome with coffee or tea and farmer’s cake
- 2 nights
- 2x breakfast
- Bike and hike special
- 1 x farmers picnic basket
- Total € 170,- excluding tourist tax
The price is € 69 per night based on 2 people and includes a farmer’s breakfast.
An overnight stay for one person costs € 46 and for children up to 3 years you pay € 18 per child per night.
The prices are exclusive of a tourist tax of € 1.95 per person per night.
Arrival on every day (except Sunday).
In the area
- Shopping center in Leersum (1.5 km) and Amerongen (3 km)
- Cycling and hiking routes along Castles and ‘Stichtse Lustwarande’
- Amerongen Castle (3km), Huis Doorn Museum (8.5km), Ouwehands Zoo (14km)
- Tobacco museum Amerongen (3km)
- Lake Henschotermeer (13km) and swimming pool Leersum (2,2km)
- Het Leersumse veld (Breeding bird area) (5km)
- De Gravenbol (recreational area) (9km)
- Pyramide of Austerlitz (16km)
- De Boswerf Zeist, fun for kids (22km)
Both the LF 4 route and the migratory bird trail (trekvogelpad) are 200 meters from the campsite. Clog trail the Cotlandenpad is located along our camp site.
On the Utrechtse Heuvelrug you will find the most beautiful mountain bike routes in the Netherlands, a well-maintained and continuous course of up to 100 km. A vignette is required.
For the children there is a nice route in the Leersumse Veld: The Kabouterpad, which is freely accessible. Booklet, pointed hat and knapsack only available on weekends for a fee at De Veldschuur, Maarsbergseweg 18a, Leersum.
Our Bed & Breakfast is also available for groups up to 12 people!